Cryogenic vials are specialized containers used to store and transport samples at extremely low temperatures. They are used in medical and pharmaceutical applications to preserve biological samples, such as tissue, cells, and blood, as well as pharmaceutical compounds. The primary benefit of cryogenic vials is their ability to store samples in a stable environment, without degrading the sample due to temperature fluctuations or exposure to oxygen.
Cryogenic vials provide a variety of benefits for medical and pharmaceutical applications. They can help to maintain sample integrity and prevent contamination, as well as preserve samples for long-term storage. Additionally, cryogenic vials are more cost-effective than other sample storage methods, such as refrigeration or freezing.
Cryogenic vials are also suitable for a variety of other applications, such as research and development, quality control, and drug discovery. They are often used in medical laboratories to store biological samples, such as blood, tissue, and cells, for research and testing. In pharmaceutical applications, they are used to store active pharmaceutical ingredients, such as drugs and vaccines, for quality control purposes.
Cryogenic vials are also essential for cryopreservation, a process used to store biological samples at extremely low temperatures for long-term storage. This process can preserve samples for months or even years, allowing for future use in research or development.
Advantages of Using Cryogenic Vials for Sample Preservation
1. Extreme Temperature Resistance: These plastic cryovials for liquid nitrogen storage can withstand temperatures as low as -196°C, ensuring the preservation of samples requiring cryopreservation.
2. Enhanced Sample Protection: The airtight seal of cryogenic vials prevents leakage and contamination, maintaining the integrity of samples during storage and transportation.
3. Versatile Design Options: With various sizes, shapes, and closures available, cryogenic vials cater to different sample volumes and laboratory requirements.
4. Efficient Sample Retrieval: Features like colored caps and alphanumeric grids enable quick and accurate identification and retrieval of specific samples.
5. Cost-Effective Solution: Cryogenic vials minimize the need for frequent sample recollection and wastage, reducing costs associated with sample loss.